The estimated time to complete the entire module is around 40 minutes. Time estimates for individual units are listed on each page.
- What is accessibility and why does it matter?
- What are accessibility challenges and barriers to access?
- How should I approach making content accessible and what are the rules and guidelines surrounding web accessibility?
- Take Action and Further Resources
- Understand what accessibility is and why it matters
- Become aware of the prevalence of disability in our community, and the importance of enabling access for persons with disabilities
- Explore additional benefits of accessible content
- Understand the accessibility challenges users may face, and how these can be accommodated for through designing with accessibility in mind.
- Learn how disability may change the user’s experience of web content and how designing accessibly enable persons with disabilities to access web content
- Consider other accessibility challenges and how these might also be mitigated through the use of design practices
- Understand that accessible web content can provide address many different accessibility challenges at the same time
- Consider and develop a strategic approach to making your content accessible
- Understand accessibility guidelines and rules (such as AODA and WCAG) and how to create regulation-compliant content