Estimated time to complete: 5 minutes
Alt text practice
Below are three images. For each:
- Come up with 3 contexts in which the image might be used
- Determine if the image would need alt text in each of these contexts
- For the contexts that need alt text, create clear, concise, and contextual alt text for the image. Consider what information in the photo is needed for each context
- WebAIM provides a very thorough tutorial on using alt text.
- This resource is not directly related to accessibility, but more information on Locavore, the sculpture by Mary-Anne Barkhouse used throughout this module, can be found in this article.