By the end of this module, you will:
- Understand the benefits of doing a site review
- Have clarified your specific goals and reasons for doing a website review
Estimated time to complete: 10 minutes
A website review is a way to measure how your website is doing against certain parameters. It allows you to make informed decisions about what to change (or not to!) and is a great tool to help clean up and reorganize your website.
A review of your site can:
- Improve SEO (search engine optimization)
- Help get targeted traffic to your site
- Ensure your site is as accessible as possible
- Make your website easier for visitors to navigate
- Get things organized and make it easier to work with your content
- Ensure your website is fulfilling its purpose
This is also a great step to take when it comes to migrating your site to CuTheme. This will mean you’re not carrying over unnecessary or confusing content, and will help you set up your site in the new theme in a way that will make sense to both you and users of your webpage.
It may be helpful at this point to write down the goals of your site review to further focus your review. The bulleted list above gives an idea of some possible outcomes of a website review, but feel free to add your own goals for improving your website. This will both provide a focus for your review, as well as a way to measure the success of your review after it has been completed.