Estimated time to complete: 7 minutes
When your webpage content is clearly and properly divided, you will attract more people to your site, and improve their experience on your site.
- Based on the page that the link leads you to, create a better piece of anchor text for this link: https://carleton.ca/webworkshops/accessibility-training/module-1-about-accessibility/
- Using the tips and tricks suggested in this module, come up with better titles for this imaginary page: The Story Behind Good Movies: How / Why they Became Popular to Audiences Across the World
- Duplicate this practice page on our CMS playground and correct the headings of the page
- Once you’re done, check your work by taking a look at the proper formatting of the page: https://carleton.ca/webservices/2022/your-title-is-vital-writing-compelling-post-titles/
- Check out our article on how to write good post titles.
- An overview of accessibility and its importance can be found at Usability.gov.
- A variety of digital accessibility recommendations for various forms of text can be found on Harvard.edu.
- A page explaining the benefits and importance of headings can be found on Usability.Yale.edu.
- WAVE is a highly regarded tool for scanning sites for accessibility errors and warnings. You can try out WAVE for free.