Bounce Rate + Time Spent on Page
Bounce rate + time spent on page is important: How are people coming from google interacting with your page? This impacts your SEO!
- Do they find the information they need and stay on your site?
- Do they bounce back to the search page and click on another link?
- Do they just ignore your listing in search results altogether and never click-through?
How can you engage your visitors?
Writing for the web helps to capture your audience – make it usable, scannable and accessible.
It all comes down to VALUE.
- Google wants the search results to be relevant to the users
- Google doesn’t like very “thin” or low value content. longer is usually better in that there tends to be more value to the visitor if the article contains more substance – all about user experience. Check your time spent on page. Are they spending enough time to read it all? Then you’re doing OK. – aim for over 600 words
- New content is good. Adding content regularly trains search engine spiders to return to your site more frequently.