The Academic Governance Committee of Senate is seeking nominations for a faculty member to serve as Chair of the Senate Ad Hoc Committee on Graduate Academic Governance. Senate approved the formation of this ad hoc committee at its meeting on June 2, 2023. The committee’s mandate will be to assess the potential impact of the transfer of graduate curriculum approvals from the Graduate Faculty Board to disciplinary Faculty Boards on other areas of university governance. The committee’s Terms of Reference have been posted here.
The position of Chair is open to full-time faculty members.
The preferred candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Strong understanding of academic governance across the university
- Familiarity with curriculum development procedures
- Familiarity with institutional quality assurance procedures
- Eligibility for and experience in supervising doctoral students at Carleton
- Senate and/or Senate committee experience
- Experience chairing an academic committee at the Unit Faculty or University level
The ad hoc committee’s work will commence in the summer of 2023 and will continue for approximately 12 months, or until the work is completed.
Applicants should self-nominate by completing the form below. Note that all fields must be completed.
The deadline for submitting an application is 4:30 pm on June 22, 2023.