Terms of Reference
The Senate Review Committee will respond to speciﬁc questions posed by Senate based on the mandate of Senate. The Committee will gather and synthesize information from a broad range of sources, both internal and external to the University. The Committee will systematically review and summarize the information for presentation to Senate and provide a report to Senate. The Committee may also provide any advice to Senate regarding the question(s) being considered. The committee’s reports will respect the constraints of conﬁdentiality.
The committee will review and report annually on the ﬁnances of the university and on student enrolment. In addition, Senate may request that the committee prepare reviews of various aspects of support for teaching, learning and research. When possible, these reports should be coordinated with presentations to Senate from the administration on these topics.
- A chair elected by Senate and chosen from the elected faculty membership of Senate;
- One faculty representative from each of the university’s six Faculties (including the Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Aﬀairs);
- Two undergraduate students;
- Two graduate students.
- The secretariat of this committee will be provided by the Senate Oﬃce.
- Representatives from the Senior Administration and the Oﬃce of Institutional Research and Planning, and any such others as are from time to time determined by the committee, may be added to the committee as non-voting resource persons.
Note: This Committee replaces the Senate Financial Review Committee.