Terms of Reference
To consider matters related to the academic governance of the University, and in particular, in regard to academic governance:
- To advise Senate on the interpretation of existing Senate provisions;
- To receive and make recommendations to Senate on any proposals to introduce changes;
- To provide a continuing review, and on this basis, to make recommendations to Senate on possible changes thereto.
- To recommend to Senate the number, size and terms of reference of standing committees of the Senate.
- To oversee the nomination and election process for Senate committee membership.
- The Clerk of Senate, ex-officio
- Six faculty members broadly representative of the Faculties of the university, with at least 50% being current or past sitting Senators
- One undergraduate student
- One graduate student