Terms of Reference
- To consider and recommend to Senate:
- the acceptance of proffered undergraduate scholarships, awards, loan funds and bursary funds;
- guidelines for the acceptance and awarding of such scholarships, awards, loan funds and bursary funds;
- policies for the awarding of entrance and in-course scholarships.
- To initiate and recommend studies pertinent to the scholarship and bursary programs of the University.
- Upon request, to review decisions relating to the administration of the scholarship and bursary programs.
- Three faculty members (one to be chair),
- Two students,
- The Awards Officer as Secretary,
- One member designated by the Vice-President (Finance and Administration), and
- One member designated by the Chief Advancement Officer (University Advancement).
- The student members are required to be scholarship recipients with, at the undergraduate level, preference given for holders of prestige scholarships.
- One of the faculty members, where possible, is to be drawn from the Senate Committee on Curriculum, Admission and Studies Policy.
All members will be voting members; all deliberations, except any posing conflict of interest for one or more of the student members, will be open to all members.