Terms of Reference
- The authority of the Committee derives from the policy “Academic Accommodations Appeal Process for Students with Disabilities” (the Policy) approved by Senate on June 1, 2006.
- This committee shall consider and decide appeals with respect to academic accommodations for students with disabilities on a manner that follows the process and requirements of the Policy. In particular the decisions of the Committee are final.
- The Committee may recommend changes to the Policy through the Educational Equity Committee.
- The Committee reports annually to Senate on its activities
- Three members of faculty elected by Senate with one to serve as chair;
- Director, Office of Student Affairs (Secretary).
- The committee is assisted by a representative of Equity Services appointed by the Director, Equity Services.
- It is desirable that members of the committee have experience in equity issues.