Terms of Reference
The Senate Medals and Prizes Committee makes recommendations to Senate for the awarding of medals for academic achievement in accordance with the procedures outlined in the Senate Medals Policy.
- To recommend to Senate recipients of the following medals for academic achievement:
- Governor General’s Gold Medals (graduate)
- Governor General’s Silver Medals (undergraduate)
- President’s Medal
- Chancellor’s Medal
- University Medals (Graduate)
- University Medals (Undergraduate)
- Senate Medals for Outstanding Academic Achievement (Graduate)
- Senate Medals for Outstanding Academic Achievement (Undergraduate)
- To recommend to Senate new or revised medal regulations under the Senate Medals Policy.
- Clerk of Senate, Chair
- The Dean (or his/her designate) from each of the Faculties of Arts & Social Sciences, Public Affairs, Sprott School of Business, Science, Engineering and Design, and Graduate and Post-Doctoral Affairs
- Chair, Senate Committee on Student Awards
- University Registrar, Secretary (voting)
Quorum and Voting
Quorum and Voting is by the simple majority.
The Committee reports to Senate.
These terms of reference will be reviewed every seven years, or as needed.