MA in Applied Linguistics & Discourse Studies
Before applying, please ensure that you meet the Admission and Program Requirements
- Full-time or part-time study (a full-time load is typically three courses per semester)
- September intake
- Courses year-round
- One required course each of the first two terms of the program
- Professional ESL teacher accreditation option
- Elective courses in the two fields can be combined according to one’s own research interests
- Hands-on research
Also, students taking or planing to take a BA Honours or Combined Honours degree in ALDS may wish to consider the Accelerated Pathway for entry into the MA program.
Meet our Students
- Info Session PPT (25 November, 2020)
- Research areas
- Career options
- TESL Accreditation
- MA Applied Linguistics and Discourse Studies with Specialization in:
- African Studies * Thesis and Research Essay MAs only
- Digital Humanities
ALDS, in conjunction with a new collaborating MA in Digital Humanities, offers a program designed to add value to the existing ALDS MA by offering courses focused on the rapidly growing field of digital humanities. Applicants must already be enrolled in ALDS MA and, upon completion of their degree, they will obtain an MA in ALDS with a designated concentration in Digital Humanities.
For further information, please contact Joan Grant, Graduate Administrator, with a CC to Jaffer Sheyholislami, Graduate Supervisor. One of them will be pleased to get back to you as soon as possible. You can also book an appointment with Guillaume Gentil here.