Past Event! Note: this event has already taken place.
Spotlight on Experiential Learning: Instructor panel with the Future Skills Innovation Network (FUSION)
November 11, 2021 at 2:00 PM to 3:00 PM
The next generation of scholarly professionals starts with you! Come explore the Future Skills Innovation Network (FUSION) curriculum with Ranilce Guimaraes-Iosif (FUSION Program Officer) and the instructors who have used FUSION to bridge the gap between students’ academic and employability skills. Also, hear student’s voices about their learning experiences and skills portfolio developed through the FUSION program at Carleton.
Instructor panelists include:
- Lorraine Godden, Instructor II, (FPA, Career Development & Employability). Lorraine will share her experience of embedding FUSION into her FYSM course
- Kathleen Moss, Adjunct Professor, Contract Instructor (Sociology & Anthropology). Kathleen will share how she Integrated the FUSION curriculum into sociology of education courses at the undergrad level.
- Lisa Menard, Adjunct Professor & Contract Instructor (Psychology). Lisa will present about the integration of FUSION and the creation of FUSION workshops in her FYSM course.
Student panelists include:
- Michelle Dich (FUSION Scholarship and Innovation Support)
- Souleyman Haggar (FUSION Support Facilitator)
- Ryan Lyster (Research Assistant, SaPP & FUSION)
This session is part of Teaching and Learning Services’ (TLS) Experiential Learning Virtual Showcase, running all week November 8 to 12, 9am-3pm. With over a dozen sessions, the event showcases some of the many amazing ways that Carleton faculty/instructors have brought experiential learning into their classrooms with the support of campus partners. Join us and get inspired!
Find more details about the Showcase and the full schedule of events here: https://carleton.ca/experientialeducation/experiential-learning-virtual-showcase-2021/
Space is limited. Please register in advance by filling out the form below.