Follow the instructions below:
- Click on the interactive “Map of Europe” from the previous activity. This should open a new window.
- Click HERE to print your copy of the “European Countries: A Comparison” worksheet. (You can also choose to fill in the data on this worksheet using your word processor. But be sure to save your work!)
- On the map, click on each country to access fact sheets and country profiles to fill out the worksheet.
Now, answer the following questions:
- What is the largest country in the EU, in terms of population?
- How many different languages are spoken in the EU countries?
- How many EU countries use more than one language as their official language?
- Which are the three most widely used languages in the EU?
- How many countries in the EU do not use the euro as their national currency?- What do these countries have in common?