In addition to contributing to the Carleton Retirement Pension Plan through regular or voluntary contributions, the Group RRSP offers employees an additional retirement savings choice.
The Group RRSP, offered and administered by the Canada Life insurance company, offers full-time or part-time appointments employees the opportunity to make voluntary contributions by payroll deposit.
- You must have RRSP contribution room
- Determine what type of investor you are and invest accordingly
- Read and follow the directions on this Tip-Sheet to enrol on-line:
Benefits of this group plan:
- Investment Funds with reduced investment management fees; broad range of investment choices
- Change your asset mix anytime without penalties or cost; no administration fees, regardless of the size of your account
- No minimum contribution to the plan & no minimum required to invest in any fund
- Once enrolled, you can keep up-to date and make changes to your program through the Group Retirement Services (GRS) Access
Note: Carleton University facilitates access to the group RRSP but does not administer it. The Group RRSP is a voluntary retirement savings program to which Carleton University does not make contributions.
Determine what type of investor you are
Investment personality questionnaire (CanadaLife)
Financial Information from Canada Life
General market information
- Understanding market volatility (PDF)
- What are market cycles? (article)
- Understanding risk tolerance (article)
- Don’t let emotions rule your investment plan (article)
- How you can deal with market volatility (article)
- Resources to support your well-being (recording)
- Managing your savings in volatile markets (recording)
- How to remain calm in today’s investment conditions (recording)
Questions about enrolling?
Contact Canada Life’s Call Access Line at 1-800-724-3402
Or, contact Carleton’s Pension and Benefits Administrator.