- Claim Your Medical and Dental Benefits Online
- Contact Canada Life: dedicated Carleton VIP phone number
- Health Care Information
- Dental Claims
- Drug Claims
- Vision Care Claims
- Extended Health Care Claims
- Emergency Travel Insurance
To see your current benefit plan details, go to the Employee Services section on Carleton Central and click on Benefits and Deductions.
Canada Life administers the Health & Dental Benefits at Carleton University. Carleton employees with Canada Life extended health or dental benefits can register on My Canada Life at Work, Canada Life’s online benefits portal, to access a variety of personalized, user-friendly services in a secure environment:
- Canada Life at Work for plan members
- Member ID: your 9-digit employee number (10xxxxxxx)
- Policy Number: 51801
- Download the Canada Life App for your smartphone: Android Apple
For Canada Life Health and Dental claims queries, call the Canada Life dedicated VIP phone line that will give you priority service at 1-888-381-4401, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. ET.
- Reduce your drug costs using Costco Pharmacy
- The Health Assessment Resource may be accessed by logging into your Canada Life account
- Private Supplemental health/dental coverage
Dental claims can be submitted in two ways, by electronic or mail-in submission. Some dental treatments require pre-approval before they can begin. This is called Predetermination of Benefits.
Many dentists will submit claims directly to Canada Life. You need to provide dentist with your employee ID (member ID) and the dental policy number (51801)
Prescription drugs may be claimed either at the time of purchase by using the Pay Direct Drug Card or submitted later to Canada Life using a Healthcare Expenses Statement form.
- Complete the Healthcare Expenses Statement claim form or use Canada Life to submit your claim online
- Claims must be submitted within 18 months of the date of service
If you are enrolled in Extended Health Care, emergency travel insurance is available to you and your dependents through Canada Life.
To submit a claim for out-of-country medical expenses fill out the following forms and send to Canada Life.
More information on travelling outside Canada: OHIP Information – Travelling outside Canada