Directed Study (0.5 credit) – available project:
Graduate Students taking 4th year courses:
Effective Fall 2014, Masters students will only be allowed to take one (1) undergraduate course towards their degree. You will need to use the scheduler at this link
You will need the permission of the Undergraduate Academic Support office. Go to this link Engineering (Course) Request Form. Read the instructions in the middle section, and then access the Scheduler Tool using the link located about mid page.
Forms commonly used:
- Academic Change Form Request – used for:
- Extension, LOA, Reinstatement, Status Change
Calendar reg. 7.10 Change of Status from Full- Time to Part-Time
Students who have valid reasons for changing status from full-time to part-time prior to registration for a term may apply for permission by:
- writing to the Dean of the Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Affairs stating the reason(s) for seeking exemption from the full-time registration requirements stated in 7.9
- by completing a Change of Registration Status Form, accompanied by a statement from the departmental graduate supervisor/associate chair (graduate affairs) – and the thesis supervisor, if applicable – in support of their request.
It is understood that such a status change will be granted only in exceptional cases (e.g., for medical reasons.) Exemptions are normally granted for a term.
- Audit a course form – Request to Audit a Course
- maximum 2 requests for your entire program
- Directed Studies
- Independent Study
- Graduate Student Travel/Research Bursary Application
- Program Approval Form
- Current students must submit the above form
- Registration Change Form Request – used for:
- Course withdrawal, waive late fees, withdrawal from thesis
- CUPE 4600 Unit 1 – Collective Agreement
Calendar and Thesis information:
- Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering’s section – Current Graduate Calendar
- Current Grad Calendar
- Graduate Courses and Related Areas of Research – for Ph.D. students
- Thesis Requirements (from FGPA’s site)
- E-Thesis : Electronic Thesis Deposit (ETD) Procedure.
- Effective August 1 you will no longer have to deliver 2 hard copies of your final thesis to FGPA. See link above for more details.
- E-Thesis Timeline for depositing final copy (after defence & corrections) is the last day of registration for each term or you must register.
Scholarships exclusive to M&AE graduate students:
- J.Y. and E.W. Wong Research Award in Mechanical/Aerospace Engineering
- Gabriel David Warshaw Memorial Scholarship (Also available to SYS Eng. students).
- R.D. Richmond Travel Bursary in Aerospace Engineering
Student Travel Bursary
- Graduate Students wishing to apply for a Graduate Travel Bursary need to fill out an application (scroll to the bottom) as well as give a seminar presentation.