The M&AE Seminar Series aims, not only to broaden the exposure of our students and faculty to new ideas and technical matters outside of their specific research focus, but also to foster a culture of open discussion among members of the Department. Our objective is to host speakers from both inside and outside of the Department, with a portion of the talks delivered by our graduate students. Speakers will be encouraged to make their presentations interesting and accessible to a relatively broad audience.
- Attendance at M&AE seminars is a program requirement for all M&AE thesis-based graduate students. Attendance will be recorded at all seminars. Ph.D. students must satisfy this requirement within 6 terms of initial registration.
- You must attend 10 (ten) seminars for M.A.Sc. to satisfy this requirement
- You must attend 15 (fifteen) seminars for Ph.D. to satisfy this requirement
- Visitors: Click here for a campus map of Carleton.
For more information about the series, to suggest a speaker, or to volunteer as a speaker, please contact Prof. Jie Liu. The current seminar schedule is posted below and is updated as needed.
- Schedule updated regularly
- All seminars will be in the afternoon
- Abstract to be added when ready
- Attendance sheets provided at all seminars
Seminar Dates and Abstracts
Seminars are held in room 3124 Mackenzie. If a change in room is needed it will be noted at the right side of the presenter name(s)
September 21, 2018 1:30 p.m. – Increasing Passive Solar Gains in Canadian Homes Using a Passive-Active Solar Collection System – Sarah, MASc Candidate, Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, Carleton University
November 9, 2018 1:30 p.m. – Muscular compliance in Bioinspired soft robots – Dr. Norman M. Wereley, Minta Martin Professor and Chair, Dept. of Aerospace Engineering, University of Maryland, College Park MD 20742 USA
November 16, 2018 1:30 p.m. – Fast Ductile Fracture: Dependence of Propagation Resistance on Crack Velocity – Mr. Chris Bassindale, PhD Candidate, Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, Carleton University
Please note that if you wish to find out information about seminars being presented at the University of Ottawa, there is a calendar here.