The M&AE Seminar Series aims, not only to broaden the exposure of our students and faculty to new ideas and technical matters outside of their specific research focus, but also to foster a culture of open discussion among members of the Department. Our objective is to host speakers from both inside and outside of the Department, with a portion of the talks delivered by our graduate students. Speakers will be encouraged to make their presentations interesting and accessible to a relatively broad audience.
- Attendance at M&AE seminars is a program requirement for all M&AE thesis-based graduate students. Attendance will be recorded at all seminars. Ph.D. students must satisfy this requirement within 6 terms of initial registration.
- You must attend 10 (ten) seminars for M.A.Sc. to satisfy this requirement
- You must attend 15 (fifteen) seminars for Ph.D. to satisfy this requirement
- Visitors: Click here for a campus map of Carleton.
For more information about the series, to suggest a speaker, or to volunteer as a speaker, please contact Prof. Jie Liu. The current seminar schedule is posted below and is updated as needed.
- Schedule updated regularly
- All seminars will be in the afternoon
- Abstract to be added when ready
- Attendance sheets provided at all seminars
Seminar Dates and Abstracts
Seminars are held in room 3124 Mackenzie. If a change in room is needed it will be noted at the right side of the presenter name(s)
September 14, 2017 2:00 p.m.– Inverse Problems in Automation: From Calibration and Measurement to Control and Design – Matthew Harker
September 20, 2017 2:30 p.m. – A Geometric Paradigm for the Autonomy of Next-generation Space Systems – Robin Chhabra
September 26, 2017 4:00 p.m. – Parallel and Cable Robotics, Surgical Robotics – Prof. Hamid D. Taghirad from K.N. Toosi University of Technolgy, Iran
October 11, 2017 1:30 p.m. – Overcoming Control Complexity of Constrained Three-link Manipulator Using Sliding-mode Control – Professor Georgi M. Dimirovski from St. Cyril and St. Methodius University of Skopje, Macedonia
December 6, 2017 1:30 p.m. – Continuous X-ray Digital Image Correlation to Resolve Dynamic Deformation and Strain Fields of Internal Planes – Stephane Magnan, an M.A.Sc. Candidate in the Dept. of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, Carleton University
March 7, 2018 1:00 p.m. – Fluorescence Excitation-Emission Matrix Spectroscopy for Degradation Monitoring of Machinery Lubricants – Mr. Oleg Sosnovski, MASc Candidate, Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, Carleton University
Please note that if you wish to find out information about seminars being presented at the University of Ottawa, there is a calendar here.