Faculty and Staff / Robert Langlois
Professor; Associate Dean, Student Success - Faculty of Engineering and Design
|Phone:||613-520-2600, ext. 5714|
|Building:||Visualization and Simulation Building, Room 6214C|
|Department:||Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering|
|Degrees:||Engineering Diploma, St. Francis Xavier B.Sc., M.Sc., and Ph.D., Queen's|
- Multibody dynamics
- Aircraft/ship dynamic interface analysis
- Vehicle dynamics
- Mathematical modelling and computer simulation
Applied multibody dynamics; mathematical modelling and computer simulation; vehicle dynamics.
Shipboard helicopter operation; postural stability analysis; vehicle and system simulation.
- Member, ABCD Working Group on Human Performance at Sea
- Member, American Helicopter Society (AHS)
- Member, Canadian Aeronautics and Space Institute (CASI)
- Member, Canadian Committee for the Theory of Machines and Mechanisms (CCToMM)
R.H. Phillion and R.G. Langlois. Relationships between ship motion and shipboard helicopter interface forces. SNAME J. Ship Research. (Accepted pending minor revisions February 2012).
A. Kahn and R.G. Langlois. Factoring cycling in transportation infrastructure: design considerations based on risk exposure. J. Institute of Transportation Engineers (JITE). 81(8):49-53, Aug. 2011.
A. Weiss, R.G. Langlois, and M.J.D. Hayes. Unified treatment of the kinematic interface between a sphere and omnidirectional wheel actuators. ASME J. Mechanisms and Robotics. Accepted Aug. 2011. 32 double-spaced pages.