Nanocomposites, high strain rate deformation of polymers, transparent armor; Effects of radiation on materials in nuclear reactors; Nano-mechanics; Multiscale and molecular dynamics simulations of materials; High-performance computing applications of multi-scale modeling in materials science.
- Computational Mechanics of Materials
- Molecular Dynamics and Multiscale Modeling
- Transparent Armor and Nanocomposites
- Oil antioxidants
- Atomistic Modeling of Crystal Defects
Research Group Website (click the link)
“Modeling Materials: Continuum, Atomistic and Multiscale Techniques” E.B. Tadmor and R.E. Miller, Cambridge University Press, 2011.
“Continuum Mechanics and Thermodynamics: From Fundamental Concepts to Governing Equations” E.B. Tadmor, R.E. Miller and R.S. Elliott, Cambridge University Press, 2011.
Journal Articles: Full list here: (https://carleton.ca/nanomechanics/research-contributions/)
Contributed Papers in Refereed Journals (published):
- Alireza Rezvanpourand Ronald E. Miller, “Scaling analysis as a tool to validate CFD simulation of a lubricant flow in the bearing housing of a gas turbine,” Thermal Science and Engineering Progress, 36, 101513 (2022) https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tsep.2022.101513
- Rafaela Aguiar, Oren E. Petel, Ronald E. Miller, “Effect of a Halloysite-polyurethane nanocomposite interlayer on the ballistic performance of laminate transparent armour,” Composites Part C: Open Access, 7, 100231 (2022) https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jcomc.2022.100231
- A.N. Dewapriyaand R.E. Miller, “Molecular Dynamics Study on the Shock Induced Spallation of Polyethylene,” Journal of Applied Physics 131(2), 025102 (2022) https://doi.org/10.1063/5.0072249
- A.N. Dewapriyaand R.E. Miller, “Quantum and classical molecular dynamics simulations of shocked polyurea and polyurethane”, Computational Materials Science, 203, 111166 (2022) https://doi.org/10.1016/j.commatsci.2021.111166
- Mohammadreza Heidari Pebdaniand Ronald E. Miller, “Molecular dynamics simulation of pull-out Halloysite nanotube from polyurethane matrix,” Advances in Mechanical Engineering, 13(9), 1-10 (2021) https://doi.org/10.1177/16878140211044663
Chapters in Books:
- M.A.N. Dewapriya and R.E. Miller, “Nanoscale modeling of shock response of polyurea,” chapter in Polyurea: Synthesis, Properties, Composites, Production, and Applications, Pooria Pasbakhsh et al., Editors, Elsevier (2023), ISBN: 978-0-323-99450-7