Follow these instructions to submit your Honours Project/Thesis:
- Click on this link to go to the web application that will allow you to upload your Honours Project/Thesis.
- Login to the system using the username and password that was emailed to your Carleton cmail account by the undergraduate advisor. NOTE: This is NOT your Carleton cmail account, but a unique account used by all students to submit their honours projects/theses.
- At the top of the webpage, you should now see that a dark gray menu bar has appeared with a home symbol, an Add content menu and a Help menu. Under the Add content menu, choose the Honours Project option. A new webpage form should appear.
- Complete the form, making sure that all required information (red *) has been entered. For the Confidentiality selection, if you select non-confidential, your name will appear alongside your project. If you select confidential, your name will not appear in the public list. Make sure to select your supervisor from the drop-down Faculty list. If you have a supervisor who is not listed, select Adjunct Faculty/Other, and then enter their name in the Co-Supervisor text field. Also, make sure to select the correct Term and Year, otherwise, your project will not appear in the proper location. For the Honours Project Title field, set it to the actual title of your project report. Fill in the Abstract, which should be a textual description of what your project was all about. It should be at least three sentences long but more likely a short paragraph in length. If you are worried about the confidential nature of the work, you may keep this abstract more general and leave out the specific details. You also MUST submit two Project Files. The first file MUST be your honours project report in PDF format. The second file MUST be a single .ZIP file that contains your source code, executables, data files, images, testing files, etc. (This MUST not be a tar, rar, gzip, 7z, etc.). Make sure that your report PDF file is separate from the ZIP file. Your files should be submitted one at a time by using the Browse… and Upload buttons. You must also submit a decent quality (e.g., 640×480) Cover Image file (i.e., .png, .jpg or .gif) which is a non-copyrighted image that represents what you did for your project/thesis. Choose a nice non-copyrighted image that will be visually appealing to those who are browsing the Honours Project/Thesis listing (i.e., It should be some kind of picture, screen snapshot or diagram, not just text). Finally, if you want, you should include an Upload description, which is the text that describes the files that you have submitted. Specifically, you may want to indicate what is in the zip file as a guide for your supervisor to make sense of everything that you submitted.
- Click the Save button.
- Logout via the link at the top right of the webpage’s menu bar.
- Go to the page that lists the Honours Project/Thesis Repository to make sure that it appears properly.