- Creating a new FAQ
- Save, Schedule, and Publish a FAQ
- Edit a FAQ
- Delete a FAQ
- Pull FAQs onto a Page
- FAQ Video Tutorial
FAQs provide answers to common questions that are asked.
To create a new FAQ from the dashboard navigation:
- From the Main Navigation Panel, hover over FAQ.
- From the expanded menu, click Add New.
To create a new FAQ using the the front-facing admin bar:
- While browsing the front end of the website, move your mouse over the + New option in the admin bar.
- From the expanded menu, click FAQ.
Saving your FAQ page as a draft gives you the option of opening it up at a later date and continuing to create content without the page being visible on the site. Publishing your FAQ page makes it immediately visible on the live site.
To save your FAQ page in draft form:
- Create a new FAQ.
- From the Publish Module, click Save Draft.
To return to a saved draft:
- Click FAQs in the Main Navigation Panel.
- At the top of the list of pages, you will see filers such as Mine, Published, Drafts, and Trash.
- Click on Drafts.
- Find your FAQ page.
To publish a FAQ:
- From the Publish Module, click Publish.
To set publishing dates or schedules:
- Create a new page.
- Click the Edit link located next to “Publish immediately”.
- From the drop down menu select the month, insert the date, year and the time you would like the page to go live.
- Click OK. (The Publish button will change to a Schedule button).
- Click Schedule to set the new content to go-live on the specified date.
You may continue to edit or add content to this page before it goes live without affecting the schedule.
To change the schedule to another date and time:
- From the Publish Module, click Edit.
- Change the date and time.
- Click OK.
- Click Update Page.
Editing a FAQ on your site can be done in several ways. The options are as follows:
- While browsing your site, navigate to the FAQ you wish to edit (you must be logged in to your Carleton CMS website).
- Using the Admin Bar at the top of your page, click the Edit Page button.
To edit from the dashboard:
- Click FAQ from dashboard navigation.
A list of existing FAQ pages will load.
- If you know the name of the FAQ page you wish to edit, use the Search option in the upper right area.
- If you don’t know the FAQ page name, scroll down through the list of pages to locate it.
- Click on the title of the FAQ page you wish to edit. The page will then be loaded in the content editor.
There are two ways to delete a FAQ page from a site; from the Edit Pages screen and from the Publish Module.
To delete a page from the Edit Pages screen:
- Click FAQ from the Main Navigation Panel. A list of existing FAQ pages will load.
- Scroll down through the list of pages and locate the one to delete.
- Hover your cursor over the page name and click Trash which will appear underneath the page name.
To delete a page from the Publish Module:
- Open the page you would like to delete.
- From the Publish Module click on the red Move to Trash link.
- Click OK to confirm.
To delete several FAQ pages at once:
- Click FAQ from the Main Navigation Panel and a list of FAQ pages will load.
- Check the boxes next to the names of the pages you would like to delete.
- From the Bulk Actions drop down menu at the top of the list, select Delete.
- Click Apply.
- Click OK to confirm.
Recover a Deleted FAQ
- Click FAQ from the Main Navigation Panel and your list of existing FAQs will load.
- Above the list of pages, click Trash – this is where your deleted pages appear.
- Find the FAQ you wish to recover and hover over the title.
- Click Restore and the FAQ page will reappear on the list of current pages for your site.
- Add/Edit the page on which you would like to list FAQs.
- Click Add Post Element located above the Content Editor.
- Click the List FAQs icon.
- Select which categories you would like to have placed on this particular page (optional).
- Click Insert Element.
- Publish or Update the page.
Was this page helpful?
1 Person found this useful