Professional Expenses (PER)

What is eligible for reimbursement under Professional Expenses (PER)?

Click here for the ‘Financial Services Handbook – Professional Expense Reimbursement’

How do I view details of my PER fund?

  1. Login to using your MyCarletonOne (i.e. the one you use to log into your computer) username and password.
  2. Though your PER fund is not research related it has been added to the dashboard on the MyRe$earch tab.  The current balance of your fund is displayed in the last field.
  3. Click on any text element of the record to see more details about your fund, including who to contact.  You may also click on the balance to see the transaction details in FAST Finance.

Professional Development Expenses (PDR)

How do I get reimbursed for my Professional Development Expenses (PDR)?

The Professional Development Fund is a contractual benefit offered to Contract Instructors under Article 20 of the collective agreement between Carleton University and CUPE 4600 Unit 2. Contract Instructors must request an account in the SAP Concur Travel and Expense Reimbursement System and submit reimbursement forms using this system. Contract Instructors must attach appropriate receipts or proof of payment to their claims. Requests for reimbursement without a receipt will not be approved.

Contract Instructors can request an account and/or support for the SAP Concur Travel and Expense system here.

Academic Labour Relations will then be notified of the submission and will be the sole adjudicator of the application. If approved, an email communication will be sent to the Contract Instructor with the notification that the funds will be directly deposited into their bank account.  For any denied or deferred claims, Academic Labour Relations will send an email correspondence via SAP Concur directly to the Contract Instructor. The Contact Instructor will be given the opportunity to resubmit the claim at a later date.