The MA TEAL program consists of 5.5 credits to be completed within one calendar year. Credits are completed through a mixture of coursework and a pedagogy-focused Capstone Project.
MA TEAL Courses
* Full course descriptions of each course are available on the Carleton Graduate Calendar site.
3.0 credits from:
- TEAL 5209 [0.5] Teaching English as a Foreign Language: Methodology for Global Contexts
- TEAL 5305 [0.5] Teaching English Language: Methodology I
- TEAL 5206 [0.5] Introduction to TEAL Theory
- TEAL 5207 [0.5] Pedagogical Grammar in Second and Foreign Language (SL/FL) Teaching
- TEAL 5216 [0.5] Fundamentals of TEAL
- TEAL 5302 [0.5] Second Language Acquisition and Learning Theories
1.5 credits from:
- TEAL 5202 [0.5] Curriculum in Language Teaching
- TEAL 5203 [0.5] Issues in English Language Teaching/Teacher Education
- TEAL 5208 [0.5] Languages for Specific Purposes (LSP)
- TEAL 5501 [0.5] Language Testing and Assessment
- TEAL 5705 [0.5] Second Language Writing: Research and Theory
1.0 credit from:
- TEAL 5210 [1.0] TEAL Capstone Project
Carleton University uses an online registration system that lets you select and register for courses and make course changes over the internet from anywhere in the world. Of course, only students who have been formally accepted into their program of study are able to register for courses. Any conditions placed on your acceptance (e.g. if documents requested in your offer of admission are missing), must be removed by presenting the appropriate official documentation to the Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Affairs. As long as you have conditions remaining on your acceptance, you will not be able to register.