Past Event! Note: this event has already taken place.
MA Info Session (ALDS)
November 22, 2017 at 2:30 PM to 4:00 PM
|Location:||214 Residence Commons|
|Key Contact:||Dr. Guillaume Gentil|
The Master of Arts degree in Applied Linguistics and Discourse Studies offers a range of areas of study from language acquisition and teaching, to language policy and writing studies. The MA opens doors to areas of work in writing coaching, policy analysis and planning, teaching specialized courses in colleges and universities, program coordination, administration, and more.
- 5 credits, equivalent to 10 one-semester courses
- 3 options for completion:
- Coursework + Research Essay
- Coursework + Thesis
- TESL stream of courses leading to TESL Ontario Accreditation as a language instructor
- Accelerated Pathway – Up to 1.0 credit in advanced standing for eligible 4th year students
Research expertise in:
- Second language acquisition and teaching
- Pedagogical grammar and corrective feedback
- Vocabulary and formulaic language
- Language assessment and testing
- Writing studies
- Language policy
- Deaf studies
- AND MORE!