The School of Linguistics and Language Studies at Carleton University offers the following graduate programs:
- Master of Arts in Linguistics
- Graduate Diploma (GDip) in Linguistics
- PhD in Linguistics, Language Documentation, and Revitalization (joint with Applied Linguistics & Discourse Studies)
Applied Linguistics & Discourse Studies:
- Master of Arts in Applied Linguistics & Discourse Studies
- PhD Program in Applied Linguistics & Discourse Studies
- PhD in Linguistics, Language Documentation, and Revitalization (joint with Linguistics)
Comprising the fields of both Applied Linguistics and Discourse Studies, these programs are unique in North America; at other universities these areas of study are typically housed in different departments or faculties. At Carleton, the innovative combination of the two fields provides our graduate students with distinctive research opportunities and offers a range of exciting professional possibilities upon graduation. The program features both theoretical and practical language-related issues, where students learn hands-on research involving close collaboration with faculty members and other graduate students.
Information for current grad students is available at the graduate student website.