Instructor (ESL for Academic Purposes) and Online Lecturer (ALDS 1001); Sabbatical: January 1, 2023 - June 30, 2023
|Degrees:||BA, CTESL, MA (Carleton), Ph.D. (Carleton)|
|Phone:||613-520-2600 x 8828|
|Office:||341 St. Patrick's Building|
I am an instructor and lecturer in the School of Linguistics and Language Studies where I have taught all levels of English as a Second Language Academic (ESLA) and several courses in Applied Linguistics and Discourse Studies (ALDS). My research interests focus primarily on the potential learning benefits afforded by digital technologies and online spaces, and assessment practices. I am fascinated by innovative teaching techniques and continuously look to evolve my teaching practices according to ‘best practices’ and research. In recognition for innovative teaching practices, I was the past recipient of the 2015 Society for Teaching and Learning in Higher Education (STLHE)/ Brightspace Innovation Award.
Current course information for this faculty member can be found by searching the Carleton Central/Public Schedule by Term and Name.
Courses previously taught
- ALDS 2203: Linguistic Theory and L2 Learning (Second Language Acquisition)
- ALDS 1001: Language Matters
- ALDS 4906: Affordances of Digital Technologies (Special Topics)
- ESLA 1300: Introductory ESL for Academic Purposes
- ESLA 1500: Intermediate ESL for Academic Purposes
- ESLA 1900: Advanced ESL for Academic Purposes
- Oral Communication Skills for International TAs