BGInS students undertaking their IER are eligible to apply to the CU Exchange/International Experience Bursary for financial assistance towards their IER costs.
- The Bursary is managed by the Awards and Financial Aid Office.
- Bursaries are valued at $500-$2500.
- The intent of the bursary is supplementary to the student’s primary source of funding.
- All BGInS students are eligible, but amounts will vary according to need.
- Special consideration will be given to students receiving funds from OSAP (or other provincial equivalent) or from a financial institution.
How to Apply
- New instructions on how to apply for the IER Bursary and procedures will follow shortly.
Dates & Deadlines
- March 1: Application deadline for a Summer term IER
- July 1: Application deadline for a Fall term IER
- November 1: Application deadline for a Winter term IER
Students satisfying the IER through GINS 3100, Global and International Group Project, are ineligible to receive CU Exchange/International Experience Bursary funding.
Students participating in a Government of Ontario sponsored exchange program are ineligible to receive CU Exchange/International Experience Bursary funding during their study period abroad. These programs are as follows:
- Ontario/Baden-Wurttenberg (OBW) Exchange Program
- Ontario/Rhone-Alpes (ORA) Exchange Program
- Ontario/Maharashtra-Goa (OMG) Exchange Program
- Ontario/Jiangsu (OJS) Exchange Program