BGInS students undertaking their IER are eligible to apply to the CU Exchange/International Experience Bursary for financial assistance towards their IER costs.
- The Bursary is managed by the Awards and Financial Aid Office.
- Bursaries are valued at $500-$2500.
- The intent of the bursary is supplementary to the student’s primary source of funding.
- All BGInS students are eligible, but amounts will vary according to need.
- Special consideration will be given to students receiving funds from OSAP (or other provincial equivalent) or from a financial institution.
- The IER bursary is meant to help cover non-tuition related expenses. Students need to be aware that those who receive the bursary may not receive the money before fees are due.
How to Apply
- Complete and save the International Experience Bursary form as a PDF.
- Log into Carleton Central
- Select Travel Registry under the Personal Information tab in the Main Menu
- Once in the Travel Registry function, select Add Travel Record
- In the Travel Information portion, enter in your departure and arrival dates
- In the Reason for my travel drop-down menu, select BGInS IER
- The six IER options will then appear in a new drop-down menu; select your chosen option
- Enter the remaining information in the Travel Contact Information
- Submit a PDF version of your application to email@example.com
Dates & Deadlines
- March 1: Application deadline for a Summer term IER
- July 1: Application deadline for a Fall term IER
- November 1: Application deadline for a Winter term IER
Students satisfying the IER through GINS 3100, Global and International Group Project, are ineligible to receive CU Exchange/International Experience Bursary funding.
Students participating in a Government of Ontario sponsored exchange program are ineligible to receive CU Exchange/International Experience Bursary funding during their study period abroad. These programs are as follows:
- Ontario/Baden-Wurttenberg (OBW) Exchange Program
- Ontario/India (OIN) Exchange Program
- Ontario/Jiangsu (OJS) Exchange Program
Note: Students participating in the Ontario/Rhone-Alpes (ORA) Exchange or ORA Summer Language program may remain eligible for IER Bursary funding.