In light of the challenges and uncertainties posed by COVID-19, Carleton University has made the decision to limit Fall 2020 and Winter 2021 term placements to virtual and local opportunities.
What is an International Placement?
An international placement is an opportunity to work internationally for academic credit, and is typically unpaid. Completing an international placement is an excellent way to gain real-world work experience, develop contacts in your field and build your resume to market yourself for future career opportunities.
Placement details are as follows:
- Placements take place during the summer term
- Placements are between 6 and 12 weeks, and equivalent to full-time work (35 hours per week)
- Positions are unpaid, but students receive academic credit as part of their internship (Course: GINS 3900 is 0.5 credit for a 6-week internship, GINS 3901 is 1.0 credit for a 12-week internship)
Applications for Fall 2020 are now open!
In order to be eligible for the program, students must:
- have a minimum 7.0 CGPA
- have 3rd year standing by the time they go abroad
- be registered in an Undergraduate degree program at Carleton
What type of Internship interests you?
Students enrolled in this program are eligible for the International Internship Bursary, which provides them $500 – $2,500 in funding for these experiences.
Documents and Forms
Please contact email@example.com to find out more!