What is an International Placement?
An international placement is an opportunity to work internationally for academic credit, and is typically unpaid. Completing an international placement is an excellent way to gain real-world work experience, develop contacts in your field and build your resume to market yourself for future career opportunities.
Placement details are as follows:
- Placements take place during the summer term
- Placements are between 6 and 12 weeks, and equivalent to full-time work (35 hours per week)
- Positions are unpaid, but students receive academic credit as part of their internship (Course: GINS 3900 is 0.5 credit for a 6-week internship, GINS 3901 is 1.0 credit for a 12-week internship)
Applications for summer 2020 are now open!
In order to be eligible for the program, students must:
- have a minimum 7.0 CGPA
- have 3rd year standing by the time they go abroad
- be registered in an Undergraduate degree program at Carleton
What type of Internship interests you?
Students enrolled in this program are eligible for the International Internship Bursary, which provides them $500 – $2,500 in funding for these experiences.
Dates and Deadlines 2019/2020
- October 18, 2019: Deadline to apply to take part in the International Placement option for summer 2020
- November 1, 2019: Applications for individual opportunities with specific organizations open
- December 4, 2019: Deadline to apply for specific positions
- January 31, 2020: Placements are secured
- Feb 1- March 30, 2020: Preparation (Visa, passport, apply for funding, travel arrangements)
- April 8, 2020: Pre-departure Information Session
- Summer 2020: Placements take place overseas
Documents and Forms
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more!