Good news! In an effort to facilitate the on-boarding of new employees, the new casual employee documentation process at Carleton University no longer requires a physical verification of birth date and Social Insurance Number for Canadian citizens or permanent residents. All forms are also fillable pdf files online and can be submitted via secure email to HR. Instructions on how to submit forms can be found here.

Temporary residents will still need to provide proof of their SIN, in the form of a SIN card or letter of confirmation, for verification. These SINs begin with a “9” and have an expiry date, which needs to be written in the Employee Information Form and submitted with a valid immigration document authorizing them to work in Canada (Study Permit or Work Permit) to be verified by HR.

Any questions or concerns, please contact