About Health Psychology
Health psychologists are concerned with the psychological, social and behavioural factors that influence the onset, course and treatment of disease, as well as the impact of stress and illness on the individual. Questions of interest to faculty in the Department of Psychology include:
- What are the differences between happy and unhappy people?
- How do people adapt to life-changing experiences?
- What are the psychological benefits of forgiveness?
- What factors contribute to gambling and refusal to seek treatment?
- What predicts the health and well-being of workers?
- How does cancer treatment affect memory and sexuality?
- How do individual differences influence health, coping with medical problems and seeking treatment for them?
|Dr. Chris Davis|
|Dr. Kate Dupré|
|Dr. Mary Gick|
|Dr. Andrea Howard|
|Dr. Connie Kristiansen|
|Dr. Stefania Maggi|
|Dr. Marina Milyavskaya|
|Dr. Lise Paquet|
|Dr. Timothy Pychyl|
|Dr. Michael Wohl|
|Dr. John Zelenski|