- What's the difference between Psychology Major in the Bachelor of Arts vs. Psychology Major in the Bachelor of Science
- A sample program layout for the Bachelor of Science (Honours) can be found here.
- A sample program layout for the Bachelor of Arts (Honours) can be found here.
- Both the BA (Honours) and the Bsc (Honours) in Psychology require 20.0 credits for the degree; nine of these credits are from psychology.
- In addition to the number of courses in fourth year, Honours students either design and carry out a supervised research Honours Thesis or participate in an Honours Project.
- How do I choose my courses?
Consult your Program Requirements before registration begins.
If your questions are related to navigating Carleton Central, how to add/drop a course, building a timetable or registration in general, then begin by contacting the Registrar’s Office for information.
You may also seek Academic Advising here in the Undergraduate Office in B550 Loeb on a drop in basis Tues-Thurs 8:30-12 and 1- 3:30 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org for advising Mon and Fri.
- What can I do with a career in Psychology?
It may be a cliché and you’ve likely heard this before: it’s important to be working in an area about which you have passion and a desire to learn.
Being engaged with your studies and career will contribute to your health, happiness, and productivity. Please know that is normal for it to take some time to figure out your path and where you belong; most of your colleagues are in the same position.
Carleton’s Career Services offers a more complete list of psychology-related skills.
There are as well many general and transferable skills that you will gain from this degree that will be of benefit to you in all of your future endeavors.
- Where can I seek Academic Advising?
Visit the Psychology Undergraduate Office, located in B550 Loeb Building. Office hours for in person advising are Tues-Thurs 8:30-12 and 1-3:30pm. You may email email@example.com for advising Mon-Fri.
- What is a practicum? How do I sign up?
The practicum offers students the opportunity to gain experience in a range of applied psychology settings with the goal of integrating academic and practical aspects of psychology.
An information package can be found on the ‘Practicum Page’ section of the website.
- What is the Co-Op option, and how can I add it to my degree?
The Co-Op option is available to B.A. (Honours) students in Psychology and affords opportunities for students to implement their psychological knowledge and skills across a variety of settings including government departments, community agencies, and the private sector.
How do I apply?
- Apply directly from high school via the Ontario University Application Center Website. You must apply to Carleton’s B.A. with a Major in Psychology (Honours) program and select the Co-op option.
- Apply by the end of your 2nd year of study at Carleton University (application form).
Detailed information regarding Co-Op in psychology can be found on our page here.
- How do I change a major, add a minor, concentration, or specialization?
- The online system does close during the Fall/Winter time-ticket period so you cannot make program changes during this time.
- Newly admitted students must contact the admissions office up to the last day of registration to request a change.
- Where can I find more information about a career in psychology?
- Visit out Careers page for links to valuable information. You may also contact our Career Services Office for vocational advising: firstname.lastname@example.org