Academic Orientation Day (AOD) is free and mandatory for all new undergraduate students. AOD takes place on Tuesday, September 3rd, 2019. The information provided during AOD is specific to each student’s faculty and department, and is a great way to prepare you for your academic career, as well as meet professors and peers in your program. No registration is required.
Please see below for a breakdown of what this year’s day will look like. More information will come in July and August.
Academic Orientation Day Activities:
|| T-shirt Pick Up
- Start the day off by picking up your faculty specific t-shirt. Now it’s easy to spot the students who belong in the same faculty as you.
|| Faculty & Degree Program Orientation and Departmental Open Houses
- Get the chance to learn the ins-and-outs and who’s-who of your faculty. Meet your instructors and departmental administrators. At the open house you will find out more about your courses and classrooms. Find your faculty’s specific schedule below.
|| Faculty Lunch
- Each faculty will host a lunch, which will serve as a great opportunity to meet other students in your faculty.
|| Expo Carleton
- Expo Carleton is an exciting, inclusive and experiential event that benefits both incoming students and Carleton’s clubs, societies and campus services. This event is a great opportunity to showcase what the university has to offer students as well as promote school spirit and involvement.
|| Residence Orientation
- Residence Orientation provides an experience that welcome students to into their new community. It is an opportunity to have engaging conversations about important issues, allowing students to learn about supports and resources in residence and to create a sense of belonging and community. Find your Residence Building’s orientation time below.
Please click here for a campus map.