Are you an artist and a member of the African, Caribbean, or Black (ACB) communities? In hopes of supporting the academic pursuits of ACB students at Carleton, the Student Experience Office and Carleton Athletics are collaborating on a not-for-profit initiative to create and sell shirts representative of the community.
We are looking to commission an artist within the ACB community to create a design for limited edition shirts that will be sold throughout January and February in celebration of Black History Month.
100% of the profits from this initiative will go towards an Emergency Student Fund for ACB students at Carleton.
The selected artist will:
- Be compensated $500 for their time, and the design created
- Have their artist profile showcased alongside shirt sales
- Be interviewed to share their inspiration behind their design and to promote their work
- Be highlighted on the Carleton Website and the State of the Raven Newsletter for current students
- Have their design and work promoted through the Student Experience Office (Ravens Student Life) and Carleton Athletics (@CURavens) social media platforms
To apply for this opportunity:
- Please complete the submission form at the bottom of this page. The form includes basic contact information and a section for you to upload your artist portfolio and/or a sketch of your proposed design.
- NOTE: Your portfolio does not have to be extensive, it will only be used to showcase your design style. If you do not have a portfolio, please submit a sketch or mock-up of your proposed design.
Deadline: Contest has concluded for 2022
Notes regarding the design:
- The Carleton University logo or symbols representing the institution do not need to be included in the design. This project is meant to support the unification of ACB students, staff, and faculty at Carleton, and in the larger Ottawa community, rather than Carleton University itself. Please keep this in mind if you choose to submit a sketch or mock-up of your proposed design with your application.
- The shirts will be available in (SELECT COLORS); however, the design can include many colours.
Questions can be directed to email@example.com
CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED. WINNING ARTWORK TO BE ANNOUNCED AND SHARED IN WINTER TERM.