Social Work Graduate Student Collective
The Social Work Graduate Student Collective is a great opportunity to become actively involved in your campus community as representatives of the student voice and as advocates for change in our development and learning. As a collective we aim to meet monthly to share reports and updates, develop new initiatives and conferences, and provide support for important causes. As the Social Work Graduate Student Collective, we have opportunities to have genuine discussions regarding matters that are most important to us as students of diverse backgrounds and lived experiences. Members of the SOWK GSC also participate in various university and departmental committees to ensure our collective voices are heard.
Our objectives include:
- Represent the collective interests and promotes the general welfare of graduate students of social work at Carleton University.
- Promote and maintain communication between the graduate students and other student associations, the School of Social Work, the university administration, and the larger community.
- Aid individual graduate students with specific problems related to the university community.
- Act to stimulate social, intellectual, and political contact among graduate students.
- Alina Wong (she/her) 1st Year Foundation MSW Program
- Brooklynn McNeil (she/her) 2nd Year Foundation MSW Program
- Kyla Wills (she/her) 2nd Year Foundation MSW Program
Training & Development Representative
- Courtney Jackson (she/her) 2nd Year Foundation MSW Program
- Field Education Committee:
- Tito Osungade (she/her) 2nd Year Foundation MSW Program
- Sabrina Nutchey (she/her) 1st Year Foundation MSW Program
- Graduate Programs Committee:
- Samantha Kerr (she/her) 1st Year Foundation MSW Program