Bachelor of Social Work Admission Information
The application system for Fall 2023 is now closed. The next opportunity to apply to the Bachelor of Social Work will be for possible admission in September 2024. Further information on application components and associated deadline will be forthcoming.
BSW Applicant Evaluation Criteria
- All applicants should have a minimum average of 75% overall whether applying from high school, college, or university (Carleton included)
- Amount and quality of human service/social change work or volunteer experience
- Essay question responses
- All applicants must also meet Carleton University’s minimum admission requirements. Please visit the Undergraduate Admissions website to review these requirements.
- While a police records check is not requested as part of the application to the program, it may be required for current BSW students on Practicum. Check our policy for more information on the School’s police record check;
- Students must complete two placements in order to meet degree requirements for the BSW (some students may receive transfer credit for the first of these placements, depending on completed education). Most placement opportunities are unpaid. For more detail on current practicum policies, please visit the BSW Practicum Hub;
- Please review the Essential Requirements for the Bachelor of Social Work.
Application Deadline & Components
Details and associated deadline(s) for Fall 2024 admission will be forthcoming.
Prospective BSW Student Presentations
Fall 2023 Orientation – September 5, 2023. More details will be released closer to the Fall 2023.
Please be advised that all questions concerning the application process or requirements of the BSW program you must refer to the Undergraduate Administrator, Gabrielle Crete, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You are able to track your application status in Carleton360. Questions about transcripts should be directed to the Undergraduate Admissions Office at email@example.com.
Admission decisions typically begin to appear in late April, however timing may vary from year to year.
All admission decisions are final. The School of Social Work does not have an appeal process for unsuccessful applicants, however we do encourage all interested applicants to apply again the next year.
Year of Entry
Each year, we admit students into the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd years of our program, depending on what, if any, transfer credit(s) are awarded from applicants’ previous post-secondary studies. Information on suggested course sequencing by year of entry can be found on our Current Students page.