Are you ready to teach your winter Brightspace course? Whether you’re setting up your first Brightspace course, or diving in for a second or third time, Teaching and Learning Services (TLS) has prepared the following pre-term checklist to help:
- Consult the course setup guide: Wondering how to start building your Brightspace course site? Work your way through the course setup guide to ensure you include all the important course elements.
- Merge your courses prior to adding content: If you’re teaching multiple sections of the same course and want to merge them into one in Brightspace, fill out the course merge request formearly, before you’ve built any course content. Courses can only be merged prior to student activity in the course.
- Create a course overview tour: Help your students navigate your Brightspace course by creating a short video that explains where to find key course content.
- Activate your course to allow students access: Courses are hidden by default when they are created by ITS. You’ll need to activate your course to share it with your students.
- Update your Zoom software: If you use the Zoom client (desktop application), you will need to update to the latest version each term to ensure you have access to the newest features, fixes and settings.
If you have any questions, connect with TLS for support. Complete a course consultation request to meet with TLS staff for assistance with your course design and setup or submit your question to the TLS Support Portal.