Dr. Mehdi Eshaghi joined Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering of Carleton University as a Senior Instructor in 2021. Mehdi holds a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering and a Master of Science and Ph.D. degree, with a specialization in Vibration and Control of Smart Systems, focused on vibration analysis of structures coupled with piezoelectric ceramics and magnetorheological (MR) fluids. He has also worked as Postdoctoral Fellow at Concordia University and conducted research through NSERC Engage program on two industrial projects. His involvement in numerous theoretical and experimental studies resulted in the publication of several articles on characterization of smart materials, linear/nonlinear analysis of nanoscale structures, milli/micro/nanoscale magnetically activated soft robots, vibration analysis of systems integrated with MR/ER fluids and piezoceramics, in the accredited journals.
During his Ph.D. program, Concordia University nominated him for Graduate Certificate in University Teaching. In this 15 credits certificate, he took three courses on Teaching Theories, Learning Theories and Lesson Plan Preparation. To enrich his industrial experience, he worked for 2 years in an engineering company called Now Energy Solutions as a Finite Element Analyst. They designed, fabricated, and tested one of the largest articulated booms in the world used in a cement plant in Gaspésie. Then, he worked for 4 years at Concordia University as a lecturer in LTA position. So far, he taught Transform Calculus and Partial Differential Equation, Numerical Methods in Engineering, Mechanical Vibrations, Stress and Failure Analysis of Machinery, Mechanics of Materials, Statics, Dynamics, Technical Drawing, Fluid Mechanics and Finite Element Methods.
- Eshaghi, M. Ghasemi, K. Khorshidi (2021) Design, manufacturing and applications of small-scale magnetic soft robots, Extreme Mechanics Letters.
- Aboutalebi, M. Eshaghi, M. Hemmatian, R, Sedaghati (2021) Post-yield characteristics of magnetorheological fluids; from modelling to large-amplitude vibration analysis of sandwich plates using nonlinear finite element method. Aerospace Science and Technology.
- Khorshidi, M. Bahrami, M. Eshaghi, M. Ghasemi (2021) A comprehensive nonlocal surface-piezoelectricity model for thermal and vibration analyses of piezoelectric nanoplates. Composite Structures.
- Aboutalebi, M. Eshaghi, A. Taghvaeipour (2021) Post-yield characteristics of electrorheological fluids in nonlinear vibration analysis of smart sandwich panels. Mechanics Based Design of Structures and Machines.
- Nazemnezhad, M. Rabiei, P. Shafaat, M. Eshaghi (2021) Large amplitude free torsional vibration analysis of size-dependent circular nanobars using elliptic functions. Structural Engineering and Mechanics, An International Journal.
- Eshaghi (2020) Optimal core design of MR based smart panels subject of flutter instability. Mechanics Based Design of Structures and Machines, An International Journal.
- Eshaghi (2020) The effect of magnetorheological fluid and aerodynamic damping on the flutter boundaries of MR fluid sandwich plates in supersonic airflow, European Journal of Mechanics, 82: 103977.
- Aboutalebi, M. Eshaghi, A. Taghvaeipour (2020) Nonlinear vibration analysis of circular/annular/sector sandwich panels incorporating magnetorheological fluid operating in the post-yield region. Journal of Intelligent Material Systems and Structures.
- Eshaghi (2020) Supersonic flutter analysis of annular/circular sandwich panels containing magnetorheological fluid, Journal of Sandwich Structures and Materials, 0(0) 1–20.
- Eshaghi, R. Sedaghati, S. Rakheja (2017) Vibration analysis and optimal design of multi-layer plates partially treated with the MR fluid. Mechanical Systems and Signal Processing, 82: 80-102.
- Eshaghi, R. Sedaghati, S. Rakheja (2016) Analytical and experimental free vibration analysis of multi-layer MR-fluid circular plates under varying magnetic flux. Composite Structures, 157: 78-86.
- Eshaghi, R. Sedaghati, S. Rakheja (2016) Dynamic characteristics and control of magnetorheological/electrorheological sandwich structures: A state-of-the-art review. Journal of Intelligent Material Systems and Structures, Review Article: 1-35.
- Eshaghi, R. Sedaghati, S. Rakheja (2015) The effect of magneto-rheological fluid on vibration suppression capability of adaptive sandwich plates: Experimental and finite element analysis. Journal of Intelligent Material Systems and Structures, Special Issue Article: 1-16.
- Eshaghi, R. Bhat (2015) Curve veering in torsional systems with stepped shafts. World Journal of Mechanics 5 (05), 86.
- Eshaghi, S. Rakheja, R. Sedaghati, F. Yang (2014) Optimum design of a partially treated MR-fluid sandwich plate. Vibroengineering PROCEDIA, 5, 452-457.
- M. Eshaghi, S. Rakheja, R. Sedaghati (2014) An accurate technique for pre-yield characterization of MR fluids. Smart Materials and Structures, 24: 1-22.
- M. Eshaghi (2013) Accurate approach implementation in vibration analysis of thick sector plates. International Journal of Mechanical Sciences, 79: 1-14.
- Sh. Hosseini-Hashemi, K. Khorshidi, M. Eshaghi, M. Fadaee, M. Karimi (2012) On the effects of coupling between in-plane and out-of-plane vibrating modes of smart functionally graded circular/annular plates. Applied Mathematical Modelling, 36(3): 1132-1147.
- H. Bisadi, M. Eshaghi, H. Rokni, M. Ilkhani (2012) Benchmark solution for transverse vibration of annular Reddy plates. International Journal of Mechanical Sciences, 56(1): 35-49.
- M. Eshaghi, Sh. Hosseini-Hashemi, M. Fadaie (2011) Vibration analysis of piezoelectric FGM sensors using an accurate method. International Journal of Mechanical Sciences, 53(8): 585-594.
- Sh. Hosseini-Hashemi, M. Eshaghi, H. Rokni Damavandi Taher (2010) An exact analytical solution for freely vibrating piezoelectric coupled circular/annular thick plates using Reddy plate theory. Composite Structures, 92: 1333–1351.
- Sh. Hosseini-Hashemi, M. Eshaghi, M. Karimi (2010) Closed-form solution for free vibration of piezoelectric coupled annular plates using Levinson plate theory. Journal of Sound and Vibration, 329: 1390–1408.
- Sh. Hosseini-Hashemi, M. Fadaie, M. Eshaghi (2010) A novel approach for in-plane/out-of-plane frequency analysis of functionally graded circular/annular plates. International Journal of Mechanical Sciences, 52(8): 1025-1035.
- Sh. Hosseini-Hashemi, M. Eshaghi, H. Rokni Damavandi Taher. M. Fadaie (2010) Exact closed-form frequency equations for thick circular plates using a third-order shear deformation theory. Journal of Sound and Vibration, 329: 3382-3396.
- Sh. Hosseini-Hashemi, M. Eshaghi, M. Karimi (2010) Closed-form vibration analysis of thick annular functionally graded plates with integrated piezoelectric layers. International Journal of Mechanical Sciences, 52: 410–428.
- M. Eshaghi, R. Sedaghati, S. Rakheja (2014) Experimental and finite element studies on vibration characteristics of multi-layer MR plate. 14th International Conference on Electrorheological Fluids and Magnetorheological Suspensions ERMR, July 7-11, 2014, Granada, Spain.
- M. Eshaghi, R. Sedaghati, S. Rakheja (2014) Dynamic characterization of a partially treated MR based sandwich plate: finite element modeling and experimental study. ASME 2014 Smart Materials, Adaptive Structures, and Intelligent Systems. September 8-10, Newport, Rhode Island, USA.
- M. Eshaghi, R. Sedaghati, S. Rakheja (2014) A hybrid model for characterizing pre-yield properties of MR fluids. ASME 2014 International Mechanical Engineering Congress & Exposition. November 14-20, Montreal, Quebec, Canada.
- Sh. Hosseini-Hashemi, M. Eshaghi, H. Rokni Damavandi Taher (2009) An analytical solution for free vibration analysis of smart FGM annular Mindlin plates. 17th. Annual (International) Conference on Mechanical Engineering-ISME2009.May 2009, University of Tehran, Iran.
- Hosseini-Hashemi, M. Eshaghi, V. Valizadeh, R. Nazemnezhad (2009) Closed-form solution for free vibration of smart circular FG plate based on Levinson plate theory. International conference on Recent and Emerging Advanced Technologies in Engineering, Malaysia.