You will require some software when you are taking a computer science course.
Listed are some software that you will need and instructions on how to install it.
Carleton University offers Microsoft software free of charge to all students:
- OneDrive (file storage and backups)
- Windows 10 Education is available for free to all computer science students via Azure Dev Tools for Teaching
- MS Office available to students free of charge
Carleton ITS offers some site-licensed software to students:
Carleton university does not offer anti-virus to students. However there are options.
- Every Windows 10 O/S comes with a built in anti-virus called Windows Defender.
- If your internet provider is Bell or Rogers they offer free anti-virus to their customers
During the course of your program you will be using virtualization technologies. Every course will have their own software requirements.
There is free software available for computer science students such as Microsoft development tools, VMWare, Matlab, OnTheHub software offers, Virtualbox, Nextcloud client, x2go and more!