The School of Computer Science has a Linux network available for all SCS students, faculty and staff! This service has been in operation for more than 20 years!
- Theta hosts are based on Xubuntu 22.04 and have lots of programming software installed
- BCS students can create an SCS Linux account online: instructions
- A linux account comes with basic SCS email and personal website capabilities
- The account has built in storage available on all theta-linux hosts (via NFS)
- You can login using ssh from anywhere on the internet