Dec. 17, 2021: This vacancy is now closed.
Join Carleton’s Senate
Have your say in the academic governance and future of Carleton University by running for Senate.
Call for Undergraduate Students
Nominations are being accepted for undergraduate students to serve on Senate for a one-year term ending June 30, 2022.
Vacancies remaining include the following:
- Two members from and elected by the students in the Faculty of Arts & Social Sciences
- One member from and elected by the students in the Faculty of Engineering & Design
Students elected to Senate must meet the following requirements:
- Previous academic governance experience at the faculty or department level at Carleton University
- Be registered at the university in an undergraduate program
- Be registered in at least one course in each of the Fall and Winter terms in the academic year when they were elected and during their period of service
- Have completed successfully at least 4.0 credits prior to service
- Maintain the academic status of Good Standing throughout their period of service
If any of these requirements are not satisfied during the term of service, the student must resign from this position.
Application and Process
If you are interested in serving on Senate, please fill the nomination form below. Elections will be run in accordance with the Carleton Academic Student Government Electoral Code (refer to section 3).
Questions about eligibility, nominations or the election process may be directed to the Assistant University Secretary Kathy McKinley at Kathy.McKinley@carleton.ca or by phone at 613-520-2600 x3386.