Terms of Reference
The Senate Quality Assurance and Planning Committee (SQAPC) is the authority responsible for the application of the quality assurance process which includes new program approval, major modifications, and cyclical reviews for undergraduate and graduate degree level programs. SQAPC is also charged with overseeing academic restructuring, specifically considering and making recommendations to Senate on the establishment, restructuring and dissolution of faculties, schools, colleges and institutes that offer academic programs.
**Full Terms of Reference are currently being updated, and will be posted in Fall 2019
- Vice-Provost and Associate Vice-President (Academic) (Chair, ex officio) (non-voting)
- Librarian (ex officio) (non-voting)
- Assistant VP Academic (ex officio) (non-voting)
- Associate Dean, Programs, Faculty of Graduate and Post-Doctoral Affairs (ex officio)
- 9 faculty members, broadly representative of the 5 line-faculties. At least 50% must be current of past Senators, and the majority must be individuals with established and continuing research records and experience in the administration of graduate or undergraduate programs.
- One graduate student and one undergraduate student, appointed by Senate;
- A representative of CUASA, who shall have non-voting membership.
- Calendar Editor