There are many resources and services available to instructors and students at Carleton University to support learning, teaching and student health and well being. Please find a non-exhaustive list of common resources below. For additional resources, please refer to The Student Referral Guide found here

Instructor Resources

Manuals and Guides
Student Support
HR and Intranet
Course Administration
IT and AV Support


Contract Instructors
Professional Development Fund (CUPE 4600)

Conference Travel Support Application (FPA)
Professional Expense Reimbursements (CUASA) – submit all profession expenses using the online Travel and Expense Reimbursement System
Graduate Research Job Requisition Form (Carleton Central) select HR Admin menu
Travel and Travel Advances (Financial Services)

Manuals & Guidelines

Educational Development Centre (EDC) Teaching Resources

FPA Teaching Regulations (2021 – 2022)

Supporting Students

Students In Distress

If a situation is deemed urgent, please contact the following services:

  • ON CAMPUS: Dial University Safety at (613) 520-2600 ext.4444
  • OFF CAMPUS: Dial 911 and notify University Safety
  • If uncertain, you can call the Crisis Line at 613-722-6914

Guide to Recognizing, Responding and Referring Students in Distress

The Supporting Students in Distress page is an online reference for instructors which includes protocols, policies, training, and resources to help students in distress:

Student Referral Guide

The Student Referral Guide is designed to help faculty and staff learn about and quickly refer to the wide range of services and programs aimed at helping students through their time at Carleton:

Student Health and Counselling Services

Confidential personal counselling services are available for current Carleton University students. Students can self-refer to counselling. Counsellors are available for on-campus, off-campus and international and exchange students:

Students in Academic Difficulty

Department of Law and Legal Studies
The Undergraduate Administrator is able to guide students on a variety of academic topics and can provide meaningful referrals tailored to students’ diverse needs:

Academic Advising Centre
The Academic Advising Centre provides support to Undergraduate and Special Students: or

Centre for Student Academic Support
CSAS brings together Learning Support Services, the Writing Tutorial Service, Bounce Back, Peer Assisted Study Sessions and Peer Assisted Subject Coaching in a collaborative learning space: or


Equity and Inclusive Communities
Equity Services offers advice on accommodation for religion, disability, pregnancy; supports Aboriginal members of the University community; and mediates human rights or discrimination issues: or

McIntyre Exam Centre
The McIntyre Exam Centre facilitates accommodations for tests and exams and works closely with the Paul Menton Centre and Equity Services: or

MacOdrum Library Services for Students with Disabilities
The MacOdrum Library provides services for students with disabilities:

Paul Menton Centre for Students with Disabilities
The Paul Menton Centre coordinates academic accommodations and support services for students with disabilities: or

Scroll back to top

HR and Intranet

Faculty and Staff Intranet
Carleton’s faculty & staff intranet is an online repository for important internal information including HR pay, job & leave information, and other internal knowledge bases. Login with your MyCarletonOne username and password.

Additional Resources for Instructors

Scroll back to top

Course Administration

Print a Class List or TA Group List
To print a class list, log in to Carleton Central and select Faculty Services. To print a TA List, log on to Brightspace.

Library Reserves via ARES
Visit for more details. For assistance contact the reserves desk at or  613-520-2600 x 2533.

Ad Hoc Room Bookings
To book rooms, including the TA/Test Room, please contact the main office:

Class or Office Hours Cancellation
For limited cancellations, email students through Brightspace, and inform office staff and we will post a notification on your classroom or contract instructor office door.

Teaching Support
Instructors who would like support in evaluating their course material and/or delivery, in planning and facilitating in-person, synchronous or asynchronous teaching sessions, or who would like additional support and feedback are encouraged to access the services available via Teaching and Learning Services:

Online Teaching Resources

In-Class Test Based Accommodation Scheduling
Please note: Scheduling and Examination Services provides accommodations for all formally scheduled exams.

To make a reservation, complete the online McIntrye Exam Centre (MEC) form in Carleton Central under Faculty Services, at least two weeks prior to the event: For support, please contact MEC at, 613-520-2600 x1571 or review the details found here:

Printing and Photocopying
Contract Instructors – please refer to the Contract Instructor Handbook for details on printing and photocopying. Faculty members – please email for details.

Please make requests for scantrons at least one week in advance to the main office: More information on scantrons and how to submit an answer key are available here:

Scroll back to top

IT and AV Support

Computer support
Faculty of Public Affairs computer support: Stephen Welch, or 613-520-2600 x 1498.

Problems with Classroom Technology
Visit the online help centre ( or contact Instructional Media Services, D283 Loeb,, 613-520-3815.

Email to reserve ahead of time. In LAWS rooms with A/V, please pick up HDMI cable and tv remote, from departmental office, C473 Loeb, before class.

Scroll back to top