The Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering offers programs of study and research in the following disciplines leading to:
M.A.Sc. – Masters degree with thesis in:
- Aerospace, Biomedical, Materials, Mechanical Engineering, and Sustainable Energy
- Energy and Emissions Research Lab & The NSERC FlareNet Network, Graduate Opportunities & Scholarships
M.Eng. – Master of Engineering degree (without thesis) in:
- Aerospace, Materials, Mechanical Engineering, and Sustainable Energy
- There are two options available for the Master of Engineering (M.Eng.) degree:
- Project Option – complete 7 courses plus a project, or
- Courses Option – complete 10 courses
Ph.D. degrees in:
- Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering.
These degrees are offered as part of the Ottawa-Carleton Institute for Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering (OCIMAE), or in the case of the M.A.Sc. in Biomedical Engineering, as part of the Ottawa-Carleton Institute for Biomedical Engineering (OCIBME). These Institutes are joint between the relevant academic departments at Carleton University and the University of Ottawa. A major advantage of this Institute structure is to allow graduate students to register directly in relevant courses at either university for credit toward their degree program.
Other important links: