Parking Services welcomes feedback from our users so we can evaluate, improve, and develop the most convenient and effective service offerings to our University community. Each year, Parking Services hosts a series of Focus Groups facilitated by staff from the Office of Quality Initiatives with parking users from student, staff, and faculty user groups on campus…we have been doing this now for over 6 years and Parking Services truly values the experience and the feedback!
Highlights from the Parking Services Focus Groups
We are pleased to report that as a result of the Parking Services Focus Groups conducted in November 2014 and January 2015, the following suggestions have been selected for implementation. Although we are not able to action all suggestions, focus groups do have an impact and we appreciate the time that students, staff, and faculty members take to share their thoughts with us.
- Staff and student parking permit holders should be able to park closer to the centre of campus after-hours and on weekends.
- In April 2015, staff and student parking permit holders will be permitted to park in P9 – Admin Garage (Levels 4-15) and LGAR – Library Garage (Levels 2/3) after 4 p.m., Monday to Friday and all-day Saturday/Sunday. Permit holders must visibly display their issued permit while parked in these after-hour/weekend zones – this arrangement does not allow for parking in visitor parking areas without payment.
- iParked.ca text-to-park solution was very convenient – is Parking Services going to bring back a replacement text-to-park application?
- In March 2015, Parking Services will be launching TEXT2PARKME, an add-on to ParkAdmin, Parking Services’ existing web-based parking and security management system, providing an additional short-term visitor parking option! Details will be released to the University community via direct email (ParkAdmin), Today@Carleton notices, and posts on the Parking Services website.
- Why are student parking permits issued in P9 (Admin. Garage) only for the Summer semester?
- In May 2015, Parking Services will offer student permit parking in Lot P5 (Athletics), P9 (Admin. Garage), and Lot P-6 (Residences).
- Why do permit holders have to pay an additional fee to register their motorcycle for parking on campus even though they would be parking in the same lot as they would normally park their four-wheeled vehicle?
- It is understood that permit holders can only drive/park either their motorcycle or vehicle to campus each day. Further, motorcycle operators seem happy to park in the same lot as four-wheeled vehicles. Most other Ontario college/university parking departments offer this same arrangement and do not charge any additional fees to permit holders who drive both motorcycles and four-wheeled vehicles…as such, commencing in May 2015, Parking Services will no longer charge an additional fee to four-wheeled vehicle permit holders who may from time-to-time drive/park their motorcycles so long as the motorcycle’s licence plate is registered under the permit holder’s ParkAdmin profile and the motorcycle or vehicle is parked in the same permit parking area.
Historical Collection/Focus Group Suggestions (November 2013): Parking While Working-Out at Athletics – in an effort to support Carleton’s Healthy Workplace (HWP) Initiative you can register with HWP to obtain a decal, add it to your parking permit and park in the pay and display lot when using the Athletics facilities.
Our next session of Focus Groups will take place in late November 2015…please watch for notices in Today@Carleton for details on how you can sign up and attend!