Visitors attending Carleton University and displaying a valid Accessible Parking Permit (APP) must pay hourly/daily metered rates at parking meters or pay and display machines located on-street and in visitor parking lots.
Visitors attending Carleton University can pre-purchase their parking online for short-term (daily or hourly) parking, using ParkAdmin before ever arriving on campus. This pre-purchase option is available to the public using any computer with an Internet connection where a printer is attached and the cost is just the same as if the user were to pay for their parking at the meter or pay and display machine.
How to Pre-Purchase Daily or Hourly Parking via ParkAdmin
- Log-In to user profile in ParkAdmin.
- Select the (P)arking tab…after accepting the posted disclaimer, select the option to Register Temporary Parking Permit.
- Once inside the Temporary Permit Module, select the associated lot – “Visitor Daily, Visitor SGPP, VPHYDIS – APP Must be Displayed;” select All Day Permit or Hourly Permit along with the date(s) or hour(s) required for your visit; and finally identify the vehicle/license plate to be attached to this permit. Complete the on-line purchase by clicking the “Confirm This Permit” button. Pay the permit fee using Debit (Interac), VISA, MasterCard, or CU Campus Card through the secure payment gateway.
- Select the (H)istory tab…scroll down to the permit purchased and click on the printer icon. Permit is then printed on a standard 8.5″ x 11″ sheet of paper with an authenticated barcode.
- Display the printed permit on the dash of the vehicle when arriving on campus. VPHYSDIS permits are only valid if displayed in conjunction with a valid Accessible Parking Permit (APP) issued to the actual permit holder. This permit is permanently recorded on the user’s profile and can be verified through ParkAdmin by Parking Services / Campus Safety Officers should there be any doubt as to the validity of the permit.