Campus Safety Officers and Parking Enforcement Officers are responsible for enforcing the Carleton University Parking and Traffic Regulations. All enforcement personnel are designated as private property officers and as such are duly authorized to issue parking tickets/fines on campus. .
- There are no “free parking” areas on campus. Any vehicle not validly registered (permit parking areas), parked in an unauthorized or prohibited area, or otherwise failing to provide proof of payment (visitor parking areas) may be issued a parking offence notice
- Permit and visitor parking areas on the university campus are enforced Monday to Sunday, from 7 a.m. to 10:30 p.m. daily.
- No stopping is permitted within these parking areas at anytime.
- Permit holders must pay for parking when parked in Pay by Plate parking areas.
- A maximum four (4) hour parking restriction (time limit) is enforced in Lot P1 (Southam Hall), P16 (River Building Garage), and on-street parking locations.
- Daily maximum, full-day parking is available in the following Pay and Display lots: P7, P9L2-3, P10, P14, and P18. All parking rates charged at Pay by Plate parking machines include HST.
Pay by Plate Machines
Parking Services endeavors to tend to all failed Pay by Plate machines, and access gates promptly. Should you encounter any problems using this equipment, please contact the Parking Services Office at 613 520-3623 or by email at email@example.com. Parking equipment can experience failures/malfunctions from time-to-time. The excuse of free parking is not valid when parking equipment/machines are found to be out of order. There are several machines located within short distance of each other in each parking area in order to provide redundancy and maintain lot operations should any machine malfunction. Directions to the next closest Pay by Plate stations are posted on all campus Pay by Plate machines and all are quite visible with their red coloured stanchions.
All users of parking facilities owned/operated by Carleton University must adhere to campus parking signage/directives and are subject to penalties if found in violation of University Parking and Traffic Regulations.