In the content area of your course, you have the option to add existing activities to modules or sub-modules. If you have created an assignment, quiz, discussion, etc. through the Tools menu in your course navbar, it will not display on your course page unless you add it to a module using the Existing Activities menu. The Existing Activities menu is also where you can access external tools, such as BigBlueButton and Zoom (see a full list of existing activities below).
- Assignments – Add an existing assignment to your course module.
- Checklists – Add an existing checklist to your course module.
- Discussions – Add an existing discussion to your course module.
- External Learning Tools – Add an external learning tool (ARES, BigBlueButton, Zoom, etc.) to your course module.
- Insert Mediaspace – Insert a media file that you have uploaded to MediaSpace.
- MS Teams Meeting – Add a link to an MS Teams Meeting.
- Pearson MyLab and Mastering – Add Pearson MyLab & Mastering to your Brightspace Course.
- Quizzes – Add an existing quiz to your course module.
- Self-Assessments – Add an existing self-assessment to your course module.
- Surveys – Add an existing survey to your course module.
- WileyPLUS Assignments – Add a link to an existing Wiley PLUS assignment.
- WileyPLUS Resources – Add a link to existing WileyPLUS resources.
- Log into Brightspace using your MyCarletonOne credentials.
- On the Brightspace homepage, locate your course in one of the following ways:
- Select the course tile under the My Courses widget.
- Select the Course Selector Grid and select the course from the drop-down menu. If you are enrolled in more than 20 courses, you can search for the course name using the search bar.
- In the navbar, select Content to expand the Content area on the left side of your course page.
- In the left sidebar under Table of Contents, select the module/week section where you’d like to add the Assignment (Week 1 is an example of a module in the image below). Alternatively, you can scroll down the Table of Contents page to locate the module/sub-module you want to add an assignment to. For instructions on how to add a new module or sub-module to your course, see the Adding Modules and Sub-modules page.
- Select the Existing Activities button.
- In the drop-down menu, select an activity.
- In the Add Activity pop-up window, select the existing activity you would like to add, or follow the steps to add your chosen activity.
Was this page helpful?
1 Person found this useful
Still need help? Contact us