- Exporting cuLearn content to a backup file on your computer
- Importing a backup cuLearn file into Brightspace
You can import an entire cuLearn course or select specific course content to upload to D2L Brightspace. By bulk importing your course content, you avoid having to manually re-upload or recreate files in Brightspace. It is important to always review the formatting of imported course files.
ing cuLearn content to a backup file on your computer
- Log in to cuLearn using your MyCarletonOne credentials.
- Click on your course link.
- Click on the Settings Gear on the right side of your course page.
- In the drop-down menu, select Backup.
- Under Backup settings, click the checkboxes to select or de-select the course content you want to backup.
- Click Next.
- Select the resources and activities you want to include in your backup from each topic section in your course.
|NOTE: If you want to backup user data for your course, select the User data next to a topic section or resource activity.
- Click Next.
- Under Filename, enter a file name for your backup, or keep the name automatically generated for your file.
- Under Backup Settings and Included items, review the settings for your backup and the list of course content to be included in your file.
- Once you have finished reviewing your Backup settings, click Perform Backup. When your file has finished loading, you will see the message “The backup file was successfully created”.
- To view or manage your backup files, click continue.
- Click the Download link next to the backup that was created. The file will be downloaded into your downloads folder on your computer as an .mbz file.
You now have an .mbz file of your course content that can be imported into Brightspace.
Importing a backup cuLearn file into Brightspace
- Log in to Brightspace with your MyCarletonOne credentials.
- On the Brightspace homepage, locate your course in one of the following ways:
- Click on the course tile under the My Courses widget.
- Click the Course Selector Grid and select the course from the drop-down menu. If you are enrolled in more than 20 courses, you can search for the course name using the search bar.
- In the navbar, click Content.
- Click Table of Contents in the left sidebar.
- Click the Import Course button.
- In the drop-down menu, select Import Course Package.
- Upload your downloaded mbz backup file of your cuLearn course from your downloads folder.
|NOTE: You can upload files up to a maximum of 1 GB. For files over 1GB, create multiple smaller backup files to all be uploaded into Brightspace.
|TIP: When you select your file to upload, the size will automatically appear to the right of the backup file name. This will indicate if you need to breakup your content into smaller backup files.
- Click Import All Components to import your course file, or click Advanced Options… to review and select individual course components (for example, content, quizzes or discussions)
|NOTE: If you import course components with names that already exist in the course, or you import multiple components with the same name, duplicate names appear; they are not overwritten. For example, if your course contains a discussion topic called “Exam Review” and you import a course package that contains a discussion topic called “Exam Review”, your course will contain two topics called “Exam Review”.
Was this page helpful?
11 people found this useful
Still need help? Contact us