The Embed Link Creator can convert Kaltura Mediaspace video links (URLs) into a format that is compatible with other educational technologies, such as H5P or EON XR.
Kaltura Mediaspace video links are normally incompatible with most external learning tools. This Embed Link Creator converts the URL link into a format that is usable.
|NOTE: The Embed Link Creator will only work if the video is published as Unlisted on Mediaspace. For more information on how to publish videos as Unlisted, please see the Kaltura Mediaspace support resource on making a media item Unlisted.|
- Navigate to the desired Mediaspace video you wish to use
- Publish the video as Unlisted. See our instructions on Publishing videos as Unlisted for more information.
- Copy the full URL of the Mediaspace video from the URL bar at the top of the browser. For more information on how to find this URL, see the support resource on sharing a link to your media.
- Paste the URL into the Embed Link Creator > Mediaspace URL input box below step 6
- Select Create New URL and the newly converted embeddable URL will appear.
This new URL will be automatically copied to the clipboard and can be pasted into any content creation tool.
- If the video has captions, download them from Mediaspace using the links below the Download the caption file heading. More information on captions can be found on the captions support page. The caption file (.VTT) must be uploaded to the external learning tool separately from the video.
If you require any assistance or have questions about this process, reach out to the TLS Support team: tlssupport.carleton.ca.
- New Embeddable URL:
Download the caption file:
Was this page helpful?
2 people found this useful
Still need help? Contact us